Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
To Serve 10
Milkmaid : 1 tin
Paneer : 1/2 kg
Full cream milk powder : 2 heaped tbsp
Powdered Sugar : 2 tbsp
Maida : 1 heaped tbsp
- Blend all the ingredients to get a smooth paste. (you could use a mixture).
- Heat the mixture in a thick bottom pan.
- Once heated, reduce flame and cook on slow heat, stirring continuously for 15 to 20 minutes or till dry enough.
- Pour onto a greased plate and cool.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- For Kesar Sandesh, blend 1/2 tsp (1 tsp = 5 ml) of Kesar soaked in 1/2 tsp water with all the ingredients in step 1.
- For Mango Sandesh, add 1/4 tsp mango flavour and 2 to 3 drops of yeloow colour to the mixture after step 3. Mix well and pour onto greased plate and cool.
- If Keasr is not available use Orange-Red Food colour and saffron essence.
- Mixer may be used to knead paneer and maida into a soft dough.